Qatar and Bahrain are two neighboring countries in the Arabian Gulf that have recently restored their diplomatic ties after a four-year rift. As part of the reconciliation process, the two countries have agreed to resume direct flights between them from May 25, 2023¹². This is good news for travelers who want to visit both countries or use them as transit points. Here are some things you need to know before you book your flight.
How to Book Your Flight
You can book your flight from Qatar to Bahrain or vice versa through various airlines that operate between the two countries. Some of the airlines that fly between the two countries are Gulf Air Bahrain¹, Qatar Airways³ and British Airways³. You can also use online travel platforms or agents to compare prices and schedules and find the best deal for your trip.
What to Prepare
Before you travel from Qatar to Bahrain or vice versa, you need to prepare some documents and follow some health and safety measures.
- Visa: You need to have a valid visa to enter Bahrain or Qatar as a tourist. You can apply for an eVisa online through the official websites of Bahrain⁴ or Qatar⁵, which allow you to stay in the country for up to 14 days or 30 days respectively. The eVisa fee is 29 BHD (77 USD) for Bahrain and 100 QAR (27 USD) for Qatar, which include health insurance. You need to have a passport that is valid for at least six months from the date of entry, a recent photograph and a credit card to complete your application.
- COVID-19: You need to have proof of vaccination or recovery from COVID-19 through an approved health app or a PCR certificate that is not older than 72 hours¹². You also need to have a coronavirus insurance certificate if you are below 18 years old¹. You need to wear a face mask in public places and follow social distancing guidelines. You need to check the latest travel updates and restrictions before your trip.
What to Expect
You can expect a smooth and enjoyable flight between Qatar and Bahrain, as both countries have modern and well-equipped airports and airlines. You can also expect a warm and friendly welcome from both countries, as they share a long history, culture and friendship. You can also expect a lot of things to do and see in both countries, whether you are interested in history, culture, nature or entertainment.
We hope you have a wonderful and memorable journey! 😊
Source: Conversation with Bing, 20/05/2023
(1) Qatar and Bahrain to resume flights on May 25 – Al Jazeera. https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/5/16/qatar-and-bahrain-to-resume-flights-between-them-on-may-25.
(2) Bahrain and Qatar to resume flights – The National. https://www.thenationalnews.com/gulf-news/2023/05/16/bahrain-and-qatar-to-resume-flights/.
(3) Bahrain, UAE reopen airspace to Qatari flights – Anadolu Ajansı. https://www.aa.com.tr/en/middle-east/bahrain-uae-reopen-airspace-to-qatari-flights/2105987.
(4) Bahrain and Qatar to resume flights as of May 25 – Gulf Insider. https://www.gulf-insider.com/bahrain-and-qatar-to-resume-flights-as-of-may-25/.
(5) Bahrain and Qatar to resume direct flights from May 25. https://www.khaleejtimes.com/business/aviation/bahrain-and-qatar-to-resume-direct-flights-from-may-25.